Thommy G.'s Words of Widsom...err...Wisdom
The following are mostly useless bits of information
gleaned from half a century of comtemplation. The opinions expressed below
are just that...opinions.
After my 50th birthday party with my family, (which I was barely
able to get out of bed long enough to attend), my oldest son Michael asked
if I had any words of wisdom. Being extremely hung over and having no feelings
of intelligence or especially wisdom whatsoever, I was unfortunately unable
to offer up any witicisms...no duh!
So, here's my crack at the fifteen most important things I've
learned in my life so far:
- It's okay to spit in the wind if you wear a raincoat.
- It's usually a mistake to hire someone else to do your thinking for you.
- We are lords of the space we encompass as much as but no more than we
are lorded by that which encompasses us.
- It's usually a mistake to believe your spouse should think like you do.
- We are all a little more of an animal at heart than we like to admit.
- If you try to pick your moments to be a hero you probably aren't one.
- You should never take yourself so seriously that you can't also yourself
to be ridiculous.
- Don't sweat over the small stuff.
- Don't chill over the big stuff.
- It's okay to stop and smell the manure too. It sure makes the roses smell
- We'd only need one rule if we abided by the Golden Rule.
- Always use cold water when you shave.
- Always store natural peanut butter with the lid down.
- When you see beauty, don't forget to congratulate who created it.
- Never stop learning, especially from your mistakes.